Mercy Center Burlingame - Burlingame
LOCATION: Burlingame, CA
REPORTS TO: Mary Dillard, Director of Mercy Center Burlingame
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU, DO YOU WANT TO GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY? In
ng campus. Monitors surveillance systems, alarms, cameras, access points and this position you would be giving back to your community by supporting the Sisters who have devoted their lives to the care of others by keeping them safe where they reside.
ABOUT MERCY CENTER: Mercy Center in Burlingame, CA is an internationally known retreat and conference center in the San Francisco Bay Area. We offer training programs in meditation, spirituality, and spiritual direction. We host up to 100 overnight guests and up to 400+ people for conferences and events. Our programs are offered in-person and online.
To provide leadership and coordination for Meditation Training Programs and Sponsored Retreats to help forward the mission of Mercy Center Burlingame, Mercy Ministry Corporation Mercy. This is a full-time, onsite, exempt, salaried position, averaging 40 hours per week, and involving frequent weekend and evening hours. Offers a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our guests and the Mercy campus community. Supports the needs of Mercy Center and the Director, while creating in- person and online content and enhancing our website and social media presence.
The ideal candidate will have a Meditation training certificate and have knowledge of personal/spiritual growth and development with a true passion for meditation and mindfulness, helping to provide a sustainable and healthy spiritual center and work environment.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position, averaging 40 hours per week, and involving frequent weekend and evening hours. Work schedule will fluctuate for special occasions or with staffing needs. Interruptions may be frequent or rare, depending on day and time. Light carrying or lifting may be required. The Program Coordinator will understand job safety and health as it relates to this position, including but not necessarily limited to, the Employee Handbook and Mercy Center Training Materials.
A full job description will be provided to you at time of interview.
Education, Competencies and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Theology or Religious Studies, Psychology, Philosophy, or a related field. Graduate Degree in a related field preferred.
• Meditation Teacher Training Certificate Required - Insight Meditation training preferred.
• A minimum of three years of experience as an effective retreat leader in multiple diverse settings or significant experience in a retreat or ministry setting; conversant in themes related to contemporary spirituality.
• Awareness and acceptance of a broad range of spiritual and religious beliefs and practices.
• Related experience working in teaching meditation or mindfulness, spiritual direction, ministry, therapy, and/or retreat-leading capacity, training instruction, and/or learning experience design.
• Employment is contingent upon successful passing of criminal background, current and previous employment verifications, reference checks, physical and drug test. We may also require a TB test if that requirement is in place.
• Understanding and appreciation of the traditions and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy.
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items:
• Cover letter highlighting qualifications that meet the specific requirements of this position.
• A variety of work samples demonstrating:
o writing and social media skills
o curriculum design
o video/podcast scripting
o retreat design
Please apply directly through Linkedin, or you may send the above to [email protected]
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; speak; hear; use hands to handle objects. The employee may be required to occasionally bend, stoop, twist and/or lift and carry up to 50 lbs.,
• The employee will be required to operate office equipment such as computers, telephones and fax machines and work with manual filing systems.
• Able to respond quickly in an emergency to assist guests and Sisters.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed in a modern office environment.
• This role requires working collaboratively with a variety of teams in an office environment at our retreat center in Burlingame, CA.
• Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building to assure the Sisters safety at all times.
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and manuals.
• Able to read fine print in written documents and use visual discrimination in reading documents, including color discrimination.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic math. Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
• Able to speak clearly and be understood while also understanding others using the English language.
• Ability to speak effectively with other employees, members, and supervisors.
Schedule will vary depending on retreat, meditation programs and coverage needed. MUST SHOW PROOF OF BEING FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19.
The Sisters of Mercy celebrate diversity. The Mercy mission centers on our commitment to anti-racism, women, earth, non-violence and immigrants.
We welcome all qualified employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. In our inclusive work environment, employees thrive.