Coordinator of Catechetical Ministries for Special Needs
Archdiocese of San Francisco - Office of Faith Formation
Title: Coordinator of Catechetical Ministries for Special Needs
Status: Part Time 15-20 hours per month
Reports to: Director of Office of Faith Formation
Primary Function: The Coordinator of Catechetical Ministries for Special Needs supports the Office of Faith Formation by assisting in the facilitation of the catechetical programs and provides leadership to assist parish or deaneries in building a solid foundation for persons with special needs faith/sacramental formation.
- To provide catechetical programs which support lifelong learning and conform to the Archdiocesan guidelines and parish needs of special needs individuals and groups.
- To provide, support, and teach catechetical and sacramental programs for parishes & deaneries with persons with special needs.
- To assist in the development and monitoring of catechetical and sacramental policies.
- To assist in the design, development, implementation, recruiting, training and evaluation of catechist formation opportunities for special needs individuals..
- To maintain relationships with the Director ofFaith Formation and catechetical staff regarding areas of responsibility.
To take responsibility with area directors and coordinators of Religious Education in planning resources and enrichment.
- Catechetical Program Development and Coordination for lifelong learning for persons with special needs
- Knowledge and understanding of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and recent Catechetical Documents especially in regards to special needs
- Administrative & supervisor skills
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent English (both written and verbal)
- Education: Minimum requirements ofBA in Religious Education/Theology, related field or a Master Catechist Certificate
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience in parish or diocesan ministry.
- Must posses a valid California Driver’s License.
Please submit resume, cover letter and 2 references to:
Sr. Celeste Arbuckle
Director of the Office of Faith Formation
Archdiocese of San Francisco
One Peter Yorke Way,
San Francisco, CA 94109
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, all employees of the Archdiocese of San Francisco shall be employed without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com