We restore dignity to people returning home from prison by providing scholarship stipends to empower students to achieve academic and career goals.
Are you on probation or parole?
If you’re interested in being a part of this program, the first step is to contact Julio Escobar, Restorative Justice Coordinator. If there are current stipends available for the upcoming semester and if the applicant meets the basic qualifications, an initial interview will be scheduled. Other questions can be directed to Julio Escobar as well.
Email: [email protected], Phone: (415) 614-5572
If the applicant moves past the first interview and accepts the program agreements, he/she must do the following to join the program:
- Complete an online application
- Provide probation or parole letters showing probation/parole periods
- Provide evidence of school enrollment and schedule in an educational institution
- Live and/or attend school within the San Francisco Bay Area
Following this, there will be a second virtual interview with a committee and a third in-person interview.
How It Works
Students accepted into the program will receive both financial and personal development support and they become part of a network of students and volunteers. They will also be asked to meet certain requirements in order to maintain eligibility, including completing their classes and participating in certain activities.
- Program participants will receive their scholarship stipend in two separate payments for each semester of their studies.
- Students will participate in enrichment activities and professional development sessions.
- Students will also have the opportunity to network with mentors and professionals at breakfasts and speaking events.
- Check-in meetings will be scheduled each semester to review goals and discuss progress and needs.
- Grades must be submitted at the end of the semester.
- Students completing their GED and or vocational training must submit progress report letters from their teacher(s) / education institution.
- Students must attend trainings in topics such as nutrition, time management, and goal setting.